- Building & Infrastructure Academy Self-Onboarding Course
- Onboarding Tracks (Standard Free Onboarding or Advanced Tailored Onboarding)
- Book Your Kick-Off Call
- Academy Course Content
Building & Infrastructure Academy Self-Onboarding Course
Self-Onboarding can be started 24/7 and is conducted through the One Click LCA Academy.
The course consists of theoretical material for understanding LCA and material regarding software functions and features.
Building Life-Cycle Assessment Onboarding (takes about 3 hours to complete): https://academy.oneclicklca.com/courses/onboarding-building-lca
Infrastructure Life-Cycle Assessment Onboarding (takes about 3 hours to complete): https://academy.oneclicklca.com/courses/infrastructure-life-cycle-assessment-onboarding
The One Click LCA Academy is also filled with free training content on BREEAM, LCA for Architects, Carbon Designer 3D module & more. Our mission is to train one million people to accelerate decarbonization, so you can share these with colleagues and friends!
Onboarding Tracks (Standard Free Onboarding or Advanced Tailored Onboarding)
We offer two onboarding types. The free onboarding, which is included with every license, and the advanced tailored onboarding (paid for training).
The Free Onboarding includes:
- 30 min Kick-Off Call
- Self-start Digital Onboarding on the One Click LCA Academy
- 2 x 1-hour Q&A Call (no custom training included)
The Advanced Tailored Onboarding (highly recommended for all concurrent licenses) includes:
- 30 min Kick-Off Call
- Self-Start Digital Onboarding on the Academy
- 4 x 1h Private Tailored Sessions, either weekly or bi-weekly (to be agreed upon during kick-off call, session content depends on chosen topics)
- 2*1h Q&A Calls if required
The tailored sessions can be selected amongst a typical set of trainings.
|Basics & key concepts||
How to create/set up a project (incl. calculation parameters)
License management (when applicable)
|Data import topics|
|Working with Revit||
Navigating the Revit plug-in
Modeling best practices and guidance for import
Revit Expert features such as carbon data/3D back to BIM and sending data to One Click LCA users.
|Recommended for Architects & Designers|
|Importing data in Excel||Guidance through the One Click LCA import process, including combining data and mapping resources.||Recommended|
|Grasshopper & Rhino||Guidance through the One Click LCA import process via Grasshopper/Rhino & parametric modeling.
|Early design modeling||Creation of designs with Carbon Designer 3D, optioneering/material & assembly adjustment, and private template creation.||Recommended|
|LCA data & modeling (including private data)||Project data collection guidance
Using grouping, private constructions, and private data effectively
Guidance on data selection, when to use generic manufacturer data, and comparison with benchmark data (if available).
Best practices when lacking specific datapoints
|General best practices to save time & increase quality||How to save time, share data across tools and with colleagues
Create construction libraries, CD3D templates, CD3D import to project
Creating variants in the project, importing design from another project
How to check results, using the plausibility checker, identifying impact hotspots & comparing against the Carbon Heroes Benchmark
|Compliance & tools|
|LEED compliance||How to complete a LEED calculation, baseline strategies, walkthrough of the relevant queries, workflow best practices, and relevant data to include in your report.||Elective|
|GLA compliance||How to complete a GLA calculation, walkthrough of the relevant queries, where to get your results, and completion of the GLA submission templates.||Elective|
|Taxonomy compliance||How to complete a Level(s) calculation, walkthrough of the relevant queries.||Elective|
|BREEAM compliance||How to complete a BREEAM Intl or BREEAM UK calculation, walkthrough of the relevant queries.||Elective|
|Infrastructure LCA||Walkthrough of infrastructure tool of choice||Elective|
Book Your Kick-Off Call
After you have enrolled in the One Click LCA Academy you are recommended to book the kick-off call with one of our Customer Success Specialists to discuss the start of your One Click LCA journey.
The link to book the kick-off call for clients only: Book Your Kick-Off
Academy Course Content
Complete the course by reading through the study material and passing the quizzes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate of completion right away. Access the One Click LCA Academy.
- Module 0 - Welcome and Program Overview
- Welcome & Program Overview
- Planning For Your Success!
- Course Updates and Feedback
- Module 1 - LCA Basic & Terminology
- Life-Cycle Assessment & Carbon Studies
- What is an EPD?
- Types of Data Used and Available
- Module 2 - Software Navigation & Getting Started
- Introduction to the software and its features
- License setup and management
- Project parameter setup
- Module 3 - Data Input
- Explains the input forms in the calculation tools
- Talks about everything from building materials input to calculation period and building area
- Module 4 - Importing Data
- Import process and automate data input
- Import through Excel (direct import) and Autodesk Revit (plugin import)
- Importing data from Carbon Designer 3D.
- Module 5 - Results
- Results page navigation and graphs
- Generating reports
- Comparing designs
- Module 6 - Company Account (Optional)
- Explains how to create private data, including constructions and classifications
- Module 7 - Support & Training
- Contacting Support
- Setting Up Calls
After the successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your certificate right away.
- Only on successful completion of the course, you are eligible for booking your Q&A call with a Customer Success Specialist. The link to book this meeting is available at the end of the onboarding course.
- During the Q&A call, you are recommended to book a follow-up meeting directly with the Customer Success Specialist for one month later.
If you have any questions before or during onboarding, please don't hesitate to Contact Us.