Make sure you have the things listed below before starting:
- One Click LCA account and license with Expert features
- An account with Autodesk BIM 360/Construction Cloud
One Click LCA now connects to Autodesk Platform Services (formerly called Forge). This allows you to get carbon and life-cycle assessments and Environmental Product Declarations from the data authored with Autodesk and third-party tools.
This allows automating LCA without design authoring tools such as Revit, especially useful to developers and project managers.
You can use the integration with data authored using various Autodesk construction and design software, as well as other tools creating or exporting IFC models.
You simply upload projects to or use existing projects that you already have in BIM 360 or Autodesk Construction Cloud. The single integration works with both.
The key benefits of this integration are:
- You get access to your entire project portfolio and can create consistent LCAs for them
- You can use the much more affordable Autodesk platform vs. full-fledged design software
- You do not have to locate and wait for the large BIM models to load to get LCA done
- You can give access to your projects to others via the platform to allow them to create LCAs
- The platform is authoring tool agnostic, meaning that it does not require all projects to be authored using the same design software
How do you set up the Autodesk Platform Services Integration?
Upload project data or use existing data in BIM 360 or Autodesk Construction cloud
How to use the Autodesk Platform Services Integration?
Once you have identified the data you want to use in BIM360 or the Autodesk Construction Cloud you will need to open your project in One Click LCA and import.
- Open your project in One Click LCA, choose your desired LCA tool and choose 'Import from Autodesk'
- You will then be asked to login to Autodesk Platform Services (formerly Forge), use your Autodesk credentials and follow the prompts.
- Authorize One Click LCA to get access to your Autodesk Forge data
- Once authorized, you will be redirected to One Click LCA's Forge Integration webpage where you will be prompted to choose a project from your Autodesk BIM 360 / Construction Cloud account.
- Once you choose the design you want to import, click on the 'Import' button at the bottom of the page. You will then be redirected to One Click LCA's Import Mapper.
This integration is available to all One Click LCA building LCA Expert license holders. Users need to acquire the Autodesk Platform Services user accounts separately or use the trial licenses provided by Autodesk.