CFP Onboarding is conducted through One Click LCA Academy, our online learning platform. The course consists of theoretical material for understanding Product LCA, and practical exercises to complete after each chapter as you work towards your first Product Carbon Footprint.
The chapters in the course are designed to ensure steady progress while receiving regular feedback from your One Click LCA mentor, with whom you'll have an initial kick-off call so you get off to the best possible start.
The timeline for onboarding depends on which track you choose: fast (10 weeks) or slow (16 weeks). The fast track involves a weekly call with your mentor to check progress, with the slow track having bi-weekly calls. This timeline, along with your first CFP project, will be discussed in your kick-off call.
Please be sure to create an account on https://academy.oneclicklca.com/, after which you will be enrolled in the course and you'll have access to the curriculum, as below:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to CFPs and Product LCAs
- Includes theory on CFPs, Key LCA concepts, PCRs
- Quizzes on the above, and assignment to research and decide your CFP's declared unit
- Chapter 2: Data collection (A1-A3)
- Explains life-cycle stages A1-A3 and how to collect data for them
- Quiz on the Product stage, and assignment to submit your data collection for review
- Chapter 3: Software Navigation and Generating a Carbon Footprint Declaration
- Introduction to the software and its features
- Quizzes on the above, and assignment to create a Carbon Footprint of your product
- Chapter 4: Introduction to Scenarios and Construction Stage Modeling
- Explains life-cycle stages A4-A5
- Quiz on the Construction Stage, and assignment to add your A4-A5 scenario
- Chapter 5: Use stage modeling
- Includes theory and examples for modules B1-B7
- Quiz on the above, but no assignment as this chapter is optional
- Chapter 6: End of Life Scenarios and Modeling
- Includes theory on EOL, end-of-waste state, and waste treatment
- Quiz on the above, and assignment to add your EOL scenario
- Chapter 7: Energy balance, Mass balance, and Biogenic CO2 balancing
- Explains how to check mass, energy, and biogenic carbon balancing
- Assignment to add this to your LCA model as necessary
- Chapter 8: Results Interpretation and CFP Generation
- Covers the completion of text inputs for the CFP and understanding your results
- Assignment to submit your CFP for review
At the end of successful completion of your first CFP, which is after submitting the last assignment, you will receive a certificate of course completion from One Click LCA Academy.
If you have any questions before or during onboarding, please don't hesitate to Contact Us.