The UN CPC code, along with its definition, are required for EPDs published with The International EPD System.
This is presented on the General Information page of the EPD, and it is entered in the software in the Product description query, in the Product identification section, as below:
To find your product's CPC code, please visit this link: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/classifications/Econ/cpc
From here you can download the latest CPC manual, which lists all of the codes.
Using keyword searching, you can try to find the relevant code for your product, for example "window":
Below are example codes used in some of the categories covered by our Pre-verified EPD Generator:
- 1513 - Granite, sandstone and other monumental or building stone
- 3511 - Paints and varnishes and related products
- 369 - Other plastics products
- 373 - Refractory products and structural non-refractory clay products
- 3744 - Portland cement, aluminous cement, slag cement and similar hydraulic cements, except in the form of clinkers
- 375 - Articles of concrete, cement and plaster
- 3751 - Non-refractory mortars and concretes
- 3752 - Boards, blocks and similar articles of vegetable fibre, straw or wood waste agglomerated with mineral binders;
- 4212 - Doors, windows and their frames and thresholds for doors, of iron, steel or aluminum
- 4219 - Other structures (except prefabricated buildings) and parts of structures, of iron, steel or aluminium; plates, rods, angles, shapes, sections, profiles, tubes and the like, prepared for use in structures, of iron, steel or aluminium; props and similar equipment for scaffolding, shuttering or pitpropping.