Klimatdeklaration tool (Included in all Swedish licenses) is used to calculate the global warming potential impacts from the construction phase of a building. The results of your calculations with this tool can be used for purposes of the new law on climate declaration for new buildings, enforced in the beginning of year 2022.
The life cycle stages included in climate declaration are manufacturing of materials (A1-A3), transportation of materials from manufacturing site to the construction site (A4) and construction process (A5).
Materials included in the scope:
- Load-bearing structural parts, such as load-bearing walls, columns, beams and joists.
- Building envelope, elements that consist of one or more layers isolating the interior of a building from outdoors.
- Interior walls, also walls that are not load-bearing.
- Earthworks, installations and fixed furnishing
- Internal surface layers of envelope, load bearing structural parts or interior walls
1 - Create a project and select the right calculation tool
Create a building project and select the Klimatdeklaration av byggnader tool as the chosen calculation tool.
2 - Create your first design and set up the LCA parameters if needed
NOTE: LCA parameters do not affect Klimatdeklaration tool at all. If you are using additional tools aside Klimatdeklaration on your project, set the LCA parameters accordingingly.
If you use only Klimatdeklaration tool in your project you can choose 'Use default LCA parameters' to skip this phase.
3 - Check mandatory scope
Check the mandatory scope of required elements from Boverket guidance.
4 - Fill in the building area
Fill in the Building area question form by entering the Bruttoareal (BTA), Sweden of the building.
5 - Input data for construction site operations
Add the construction site electricity, district heat and fuel consumptions to their respective sections in the question form using the Boverket energy data sets.
6 - Input required material data
Fill in your project information in One Click LCA by entering the design either manually or by import your data (see different import options here; guidance for data import can be found here). If you need help finding the right datasets for your building materials, check our guidance pages here and here.
Use EPD data where available. If there is no EPD published from the specific product, choose a generic material from Boverket database instead. For Boverkert material data, default transportation and material wastage are automatically added.
After importing or manually adding the material data, set the following parameters for each material in the 'Building Materials' query:
- Choose the correct building part classification for each material from the 'BSAB Byggdelar' dropdown menu. This can be done also within the import process. This parameter is used for showing the results per building part in the result graphics.
- Set the transportation distance and method from manufacturing site to the construction site of each material.
- Set the wastage data of each material. This refers to the additional quantity of each material that goes to waste during construction phase.
- Document sources of transportation and site waste data for each material. If you have used Boverket default values for these parameters, select 'Boverket' from the dropdown menu. If you have used data from the EPDs, select 'EPD'. In any other case, choose 'Other'.
7 - Review the results and download the results report
Navigate to the results page either from any input query page of your project or by opening the input menu of the desired design and choosing 'View results'.
The main results table shows the global warming potential impacts in kg CO2e broken down in different life cycle stages. If any Boverket materials have been used, conservative values are used in this table.
'Additional results with average values for Boverket data' shows results if average data is used for Boverket materials instead of conservative values.
The final table 'Data sources GWP %' shows the share of EPDs, Boverket and other data used in the calculations in percentage of total global warming potential.
The full results report can be downloaded from the top of the results page under 'More actions' menu. Choose 'One Click LCA results report' to open the material level results table in a separate window. This table can then be downloaded in Excel format for results reporting.
If you cannot find the answer to your question from this article, you can contact the support for further guidance.