What is the ICE Summer Project?
The online initiative will give ICE Student members the opportunity to gain work experience to aid your professional development, beginning your progress towards achieving the ICE attributes.
This will give you a head start on your journey to become professionally qualified as an Engineering Technician, Incorporated or Chartered Engineer and provide a significant boost for your career development.
The ICE Summer project is a powerful cycle of training. Graduate members of the Institution of Civil Engineers (who are training to achieve professional qualifications) supervise a team of students (from different Universities) on a package of work which they have designed.
Graduate gain experience (management, communication, leadership, professional commitment), crucial for their own training and, in doing so, they provide precious industry-realistic experience to students over the summer.
For more information please check: ICE Summer Project 2021: gain valuable experience | Institution of Civil Engineers
Winning video from the ICE Summer Project 2020: ICE Summer Project 2020 | Winning Team 18 - YouTube
What is included to the ICE Summer project license?
- GLA carbon tool which reports on Global Warming Potential
- Life-cycle carbon tool for Infrastructure LCA which reports on Global Warming Potential
- Business & Expert license features
- Carbon Designer, an early-phase baseline tool.
Which project Is supported?
- ICE Summer Project 2021
- You will need to register an account on the One Click LCA platform
- You will need to create a 'building' project
- You will need to activate your project
Step 1. Register an account on the One Click LCA platform
Step 2. Create the right type of project
Step 3. Activate your project with your provided key
- After activation, you can access the project for 365 days.