This guide concerns the 'Interior Design Carbon tool'. This tool can be purchased as an add-on to any building or infrastructure license. This is a carbon reduction tool customized for interior designers and architects. It includes 20k+ data of interior relevant materials.
This is a tool specifically made for Interior Design, which means it has a limited building material scope (included sections are 'Vertical Structures and Façade', 'Other Structures and Materials' & 'Building Technology.) It does not have a mandatory scope material wise.
- The life-cycle stages scope includes A1-A3, A4 and A5.
- The results indicators scope includes Global Warming Potential (GWP kg CO2e), Biogenic Carbon Storage (kg CO2e bio) and Social Cost of Carbon (in desired currency format).
How to complete your assessment, step-by-step
1. Set your building area
- Enter the building area in the respective question form. Specify as a minimum gross internal floor area (GIFA). This will be used to provide results per one m2, in order to make a possible comparison between different projects. You can find out more about the building area here.
2. Enter your construction materials
- Enter your construction/building materials. Adjust their service life setting, transport setting, localization, wastage percentage (A5 emissions) and end of life process as seen fit.
- You can choose to mark a material as a 'reused material' which removes A1-A3 and A5 emissions. For existing materials (e.g. re-used foundation) you can set the transportation distance to 0 to remove A4 emissions as well. Read more about that here.
- You can set a custom classification or use private classifications if you have an Expert license.
Analyzing the results
The 'Life-Cycle Carbon Global' tool reports on
- Global Warming (GWP, kg CO2e)
- Biogenic Carbon Storage (kg CO2e bio)
- Social cost of carbon (in desired currency format).
Under more actions you can get a results report in Excel format.