23rd December 2020 - New Building LCA Metric and Imperial Excel import templates (all building LCA users)
New Excel templates for building LCA have been added for both Metric and Imperial format. In the Metric Excel template users can now use the European Level(s) classification and the Finnish Talo 2000. In the Imperial Excel template the Omniclass classification is now usable. These templates can be found on out 'Import from Excel' article.
14th December 2020 - December Release notes (all users)
Release note highlights
Check the highlights of this release below, and view the downloadable PDF file for a full overview of the December release here.
Updates for all users in this release note include:
- New material data card design and functionality for better access to information
- Tabulated graphs in Results page for faster review
Summary of the release notes - Building LCA tool users
- Significant updates in manufacturing localization v2 beta method for higher accuracy
- Advanced material comparison updates
- Multiple RICS / GLA updates (UK users)
Summary of the release notes - Product LCA / EPD tool users
- Users can store own brand and EPD visuals in their company account and use them to create EPDs
- Branded constructions can be published for manufacturer specific systems (publishing happens via One Click LCA)
- New EPD graph with contribution by resource
30th November 2020 - RICS tool now allows 2nd leg of transport (all UK users)
23rd November 2020 - RICS tool detailed report now shows expanded C1-C4 data (all UK users)
21st October 2020 - 48 New Infrastructure constructions are now available (all infra users)
21st October 2020 - October Release notes (all users)
Release note highlights
Check the highlights of this release below, and view the downloadable PDF file for a full overview of the October release here.
- New Advanced materials comparison allows optimizing your choices
- Send and receive data from investors, manufacturers, designers/builders with the 'Send data' feature
- Several updates for French (Energie+Carbone, HQE), UK (RICS) and Dutch (MPG/NMD3.0) users
- More than dozen Customer requests and over 100 smaller improvements and fixes
- One Click LCA Pre-Verified EPD Generator supports now also Metal Products and Building Chemicals
- Fully revised version of One Click LCA GHG Reporting software with significant database growth
- New forum for community support and feature requests
Summary of the release notes - Business licenses
- IDA ICE integration is available for 4.8 SP2 - Link
- Tekla Structural Designer: native One Click LCA integration coming with Service Pack 5 in Q4 - Link
- Excel import solution for Revit LT - Link
Summary of the release notes - Expert licenses
- New Advanced Material comparison enables you to easily compare carbon & cost for a range of products
- Requests for and send product and project LCA data immediately to any other One Click LCA user with Send data feature
- New graphs: Spidergram and stacked columns
Updates to E+C-, HQE, RICS and NMD 3.0
- RICS: New End-Of-Life model, continuous database expansion and numerous fixes based on customer requests
- E+C-: Custom classification, spidergram chart and additional messages for uploading RSET and exporting RSEE
- HQE: New End-Of-Life
- NMD 3.0: One Click LCA is now validated for using NMD 3.0
3rd August 2020 - Reporting of the B3 "Repair" stage is now enabled in the NS 3720 tool
27th June 2020 - June Release notes (all users)
- The One Click LCA Pre-Verified EPD Generator is now available and allows you to deliver easily and cost-efficiently EPDs according to EN 15804 + A1 + A2 amendments
- The One Click LCA Flexible EPD and One Click LCA Product Carbon tools are now also available.
- New data import workflow makes data handling options easier to use and apply when importing from BIM.
- Expert users can now download data in Excel, do edits and Excel and upload them back to One Click LCA.
- French users are getting a range of significant updates in the Energie Carbone / RE2020 & HQE tools.
- Users are now able to model reused materials or retained building parts more precisely in calculations
- + over one hundred smaller improvements and fixes.
- Almost 9000 new resources have been added in 2020 since week 3! Data updates are reported weekly in the Database update log.
- Three new Product level LCA tools have been launched, One Click LCA Product Carbon, One Click LCA Flexible EPD and One Click LCA Pre-Verified EPD Generator.
- Model reused materials or retained building parts easily and more precisely - Available in RICS, NS3720, NollCO2, BREEAM UK & Int't, Level(s), Global Carbon and Life Cycle Carbon - North Amerca
- Clear option for disabling 'Material manufacturing localization', has been added to the LCA parameters.
- New End-Of-Life model is now available in more tools - BREEAM UK & Int'l, All LEED tools, Level(s) and Life Cycle Carbon - North America.
- 11 other updates which can be read in the attached PDF file (bottom of the page)
- New import mapper workflow - Major improvements
- Allow replacing constructions (same way as material replacements)
- Expert users can now download data in Excel, edit and re-upload the file back to One Click LCA
- New End-of-Life model - Experts users can make more edits in the tools in which this is available
Updates to the Energie Carbone & HQE tools
- Mise à jour d'Energie Carbone à la version RSEnv 18.104.22.168, amélioration des saisies et corrections des calculs des seuils:
- Les paramètres 'projet' nécessaires au RSEE sont saisis au niveau projet directement
- L'utilisateur doit associer les zones du RSET avec celles de la modélisation et modéliser plusieurs bâtiments dans un même projet de manière distincte.
- Nouvelles distinctions dans la partie 'description du bâtiment' est faite - pour faciliter la saisie des données nécessaires au calcul ACV et des niveaux de performance.
- La possibilité de rentrer manuellement les coefficients nécessaires aux calculs des seuils Carbone quand on n'a pas de RSET > 22.214.171.124 v1.0 ou de RSET tout court.
- Les valeurs seuils intermédiaires des indicateurs de performance sont maintenant visibles
- Correction concernant la prise en compte des bénéfices quand ils sont négatifs pour les ignorer.
- Correction pour ignorer les bénéfices export quand le champ export n'est pas rempli et que toute l'énergie est auto-consommée
- Nouvel outil excel d'aide au calcul de consommation en eau potable pour Énergie Carbone (sur le centre support)
- Carbon Designer pour créer des variantes rapidement en phase amont, maintenant disponible dans l'outil HQE selon EN 15978
- Fichier import excel dédié en français
22nd June 2020 - ICE database now available in RICS tool (UK users)
4th June 2020 - NollCO2 tool now supports B6 & B7 (Swedish users)The NollCO2 tool now supports reporting operational water and energy.
5th May 2020 - Site Designer (formerly Site selection impact) has received a significant upgrade (Available now to all users)
3rd May 2020 - May Release notes (all users)
- We introduce the Request for EPD feature to allow getting more data directly from manufacturers
- New machine-hours datasets and different types of soils for earth construction / Infrastructure projects
- GHG protocol and CSR tools have fully new sets of graphs and extended Scope 3 emission data
- Expert users: You can now add private data directly to the company account via the user interface
- Expert users: Significant improvements for private constructions creation and management
- This release launches a new tool, Site Designer, for carbon-conscious site selection decisions
- With this release, we're soon launching the One Click LCA Pre-Verified EPD Generator. This tool will allow creating EPDs faster and more cost-efficiently.
- Data updates are reported weekly in the Database update log
- + over one hundred smaller improvements and fixes
- Easily request EPDs directly from the manufacturer
- Important data updates for earthmoving / Infrastructure construction
- Results by life-cycle stage graph are updated
- Navigation improvements
- Option to archive completed projects added
- Carbon heroes benchmarks now have additional metadata available
- Users can create groups of materials, check that out here: Grouping materials
- Import: Mapping basis clarification added
- Several improvements to private construction creation functionality
- Ability to add private data directly
- A completely new set of graphs available for CSR tools (GHG protocol, etc)
- Significant Scope 3 data extension for construction and food services
- New tool for making informed choices about project location carbon impacts
- Modelling impacts of available energy sources
- Modelling end-user operational transport to and from the building
- Modelling construction impacts
- A new tool which allows for creating EPDs faster and cheaper
- Redeveloped filters, creating groups, two transport legs per material
- Ecoinvent based data cards which contain more information
- Ecoinvent data can be assigned an alias
- More options for copying data
27th April 2020 - Significant data extensions in Scope 3 GHG tool with construction per square meter averages and food data libraries (CSR users)
21st April 2020 - Important update for projects involving earthmoving and machinery hours (Infrastructure users)
All tools that include 'Construction site operations' scope now have access to Machine hours as part of Energy use on the site reporting. These can be found in separate question called 'Machine hours'. The machine hours provides over 40 different machine hour profiles that can be used in calculations. The machine hours are very well suited for early-stage calculations when measured data is not yet available but hours of machine use can be estimated. For as-built calculations, you can instead use the actual fuel types and consumption into the 'Fuel consumption' question above.
All One Click LCA generic earth masses, such as aggregate, gravel, soil, clay soil, macadam, sand, soil are now provided with both wet and dry bulk densities. This will allow calculating transport impacts of wet and dry masses correctly. We are further refining the densities to provide options for loose and compacted densities for these materials in the next weeks. This will not change any existing calculations but provide more options.
20th April 2020 - Customized assemblies are now available for the earthquake scenarios (North American Carbon Designer users)
14th April 2020 - New project parameters and RICS biogenic carbon storage (All users)
10th April 2020 - Corrections dans l'outil Energie Carbone (French users)
- Afin d'éviter les doubles comptages, la phase utilisation des équipements techniques du bâtiment (PEP) étaient précédemment exclue, car les PEP ne contenaient pas le détail nécessaire des modules B1-B7. Cependant tout nouveau PEP publié après 2019 qui contient les impacts distincts pour les modules B2 à B5 seront intégrés aux calculs.
- Le bénéfice total au-delà du cycle de vie est maintenant soustrait aux Eges (en plus du Eges PCE) en ligne avec le référentiel
7th April 2020 - New machine operation profiles, Carbon Designer, HS2 and NollCO2 updates (All users)
- Biogenic carbon was added as a separate impact category
- "EPD" checkbox is now available for all material inputs. Any materials marked as EPD will be then added to the "List of EPDs used" in the Results page.
- "Ecopoints" and "Radioactive waste" impact categories were removed
- Improvements for a range of assemblies, including igloo slab and walls.
- Assumptions were made available the comments section
- Optimization of the baseline's configuration to include concrete in situ slabs and clay brick walls, along with the pillar-beam structural system
- For hollow clay bricks slabs, precompressed joists were also added in the constructions and layers were broken down analytically
- Improvements in the selection of baseline environmental profiles for bricks and plaster
31st March 2020 - Carbon Designer European reference building updated (EU Carbon Designer users)The EU template in Carbon Designer, now supports fully the new seismicity scenarios with customized column and beam assemblies for each scenario
30th March 2020 - Tool for Swedish Klimatdeklaration (förslag, or proposed method) is now available (Swedish users)This tool allows calculating scopes A1-A5 according to Boverket's proposed method for Klimatdeklaration av byggnader. The tool will be updated with the official national database as soon as Boverket releases it. Boverket has indicated that database release could be in January 2021.
15th March 2020 - Minor updates to LCC results page (TRACI and CML LCC users)
In the TRACI and CML based life cycle costing tools the constituent categories on the results page have been expanded so more details can be seen.
15th March 2020 - March release notes (All users)
- This release delivers 10 customer-requested features
- Significant improvements to visual comparisons on the project main page
- Favourite materials can be stored in an organisation profile for quick access to your common choices
- Simplified default LCA parameter setup introduced
- Carbon Heroes Benchmarks have been updated
- Data update: 2840 new resources and a new database update log under the 'Help' menu
- From this version, all materials, including building technology, doors and windows can be inputted in any section in materials
- Business: Improvements to import
- Business: Improved resource data information
- Expert: Create private constructions (assemblies) for your organisation from existing projects
- Expert: Additional new treemap visualisations
- Improvements for seismic structures & data grouping
- New Carbon Designer regions for Southern Europe and Sweden added
6th March 2020 - YM workflow & NollCO2 wastage and workflow added (Finnish and Swedish users)
Swedish users with the NollCO2 tool now have wastage percentages enabled in the building material query, which are prefilled but can be manually changed. Additionally, a workflow for NollCO2 has been added to the tool as well, which is available to all Swedish building users. This workflow is a BETA and will still be updated.