21st December 2018 - NS 3720 allows user-declared district heat (Norwegian users)
18th December 2018 - Latest EPD Norge updated - circa 75 new datapoints
11th December 2018 - Too high values in module D for specific wood products now corrected
3rd December 2018 - December 2018 software update (relevant for all users)
22nd November 2018 - Workflow added for BREEAM International and Energie Carbone, LEED v4 workflow improved
20th November 2018 - Norwegian reference building default materials updated in the new version 2018.1
- Default concretes were changed to Lavkarbonklass B from Lavkarbonklass C based on Statsbygg request.
- The structural steel data points were updated to ones with lower alloy content. This aligned these closer to market average impacts.
- The reinforcement steel used in precast elements were also updated to ones with lower alloy content.
- As new regionally more relevant CLT datapoints became available, the default Cross Laminated Timber datapoint was replaced
1st November 2018 - Energie carbone now shows Carbone 1 & 2 values for Eges PCE (French users)
30th October 2018 - Global carbon tool with biogenic storage released (all users)
27th October 2018 - Nordic special character issue in import solved (Nordic users)
18th October 2018 - Level(s) tools account for biogenic carbon storage in materials (European users)
18th October 2018 - Envision tool update (North American users)
11th October 2018 - DGNB 2018 and International update (German users)
- The calculation period for the tool is now user-editable in the input form “Calculation period”. For all existing projects set to 50 by default. This is necessary to adjust for Innenräume certifications.
- There is a new input form “Water consumption” that allows accounting for operational water. The water impacts are accounted only towards 'Use of net freshwater'.
- New reference values for version 2018 have been added and the tool supports a simplified method for DGNB version 2018 (multiplier of 1.2 applied).
- In the Results page at the bottom, all materials used are listed based on their KG DIN 276 classification
11th October 2018 - Level(s) tool update (European users)
5th October 2018 - NS 3720 update (Norwergian users)
The NS 3720 tool allows expanding the following stages in the results report to see all sub-constituents:
A5 Construction/Installation process
B4-B5 Material replacement and refurbishment
B8 Operational transport
This change provides more transparency and allows understanding what activities in the stage contribute to the relevant life-cycle impacts.
In this connection, B4-B5 stages are added with transport and waste handling impacts of the replacements. Previously calculated B4-B5 results (which only included material manufacturing) can be seen by expanding the B4-B5 stage. A recalculation of the results will regenerate the B4-B5 results and include transport and waste handling impacts for the replacements as well. If you require maintaining identical scope, you can expand the B4-B5 stage and deduce the values for transport and waste handling from the result.
27th September 2018 - NS 3720 update (Norwergian users)
The NS 3720 tool is now supporting simultaneous calculation for the main scenario (with Norwegian 60-year energy mix) and main operational transport scenario for B8, and it also allows a secondary energy scenario and transport scenario to be calculated within the same design by using Alternative scenarios query.
The NS 3720 tool now supports also a three-digit classification for bygningsdel NS3541.
24th September 2018 - September 2018 software patch update (relevant for all users)
New tools and compliance modules
- Support for Green Star in Australia (credit 19A/19) and New Zealand (pilot credit). We have integrated AusLCI construction materials, Australasian EPD program and BPIC datasets are partially available with more being added. Also, the additional reporting impact categories are supported. Peer review is available from us, but you are also free to organize it yourself.
- We support the upcoming London Plan requiring LCAs for GLA referred developments.
- Our Infrastructure module is updated and we support now Envision v3 and High Speed Two P06 specifications, in addition to BREEAM Infrastructure, CEEQUAL and PAS 2080.
- One Click LCA is an officially approved tool for ILFI’s Zero Carbon Certification.
- Our NS 3720 module has several smaller updates (see Service Update Log), and by the middle of this week also is able to calculate at once the primary and additional scenarios.
New add-ons and add-on updates
- Compliance add-ons are available for BREEAM UK NC 2018, LEED v4 and NS 3720 reference building in the Workflow Manager.
- Carbon Designer has been improved and has now a generic European baseline building.
- General Information section is collapsed when you enter the project page
- Material search now enables searching by name and any other qualifying parameters
- Many other smaller improvements
Business and Expert
- Easier and more flexible data combine setting management in data import
- Improved LCA Checker interface and more detailed checks for LCA result correctness
- Ökobau.dat 2017-I update available, and old Ökobau.dat 2016-I is inactivated. Your old data points are still available in your projects. New data can be added only from 2017.
- AusLCI integration for local energy and water supplies and Australian construction materials. AusLCI data can be used with both Green Star specific characterizations as well as CML ones, depending on the tool you use automatically without you having to worry about it.
A lot of other small improvements
- Creating a new design proposes the highest applied RIBA/AIA stage on the project as default (or stage 2 when nothing is chosen
- Before you enter LCA Parameters query, an explanatory screen shows to explain what the questions are asked for
- Entity types for which you have a license (e.g. Building) are highlighted under +Add
- Added icons to make the interface more intuitive
13th September 2018 - NS 3720 update (Norwergian users)
- The stage A5 Construction/installation process now also accounts for material wastage during installation in addition to Construction site operations. The value can be specified in Building materials data input form under “Wastage %”. The default value when adding new materials is based on the material type. If you have previously added waste to site impacts questionnaire or used scenario for site impacts, please check it for duplicate waste streams.
- Building materials data input form now has a checkbox “Specific” that allows the user to indicate if the chosen material is the specific product used instead of a generic product as per NS 3720.
- The assessment period of the calculation can now be adjusted by the user in the Calculation period data input form. Use 60 for a typical assessment.
30th August 2018 - Infrastructure LCA tool update - for infrastructure LCA users
29th August 2018 - BREEAM UK NC 2018 update (UK users)
23rd August 2018 - DGNB-DK and DGNB-DE (2018) update (German users)
17th August 2018 - August 2018 software update (relevant for all users)
- All pages show a breadcrumb trail of page hierarchy and queries are shown as tabs
- New design comparison graphs added
- Possibility to choose which calculation tools you wish to use for a specific design
- New support ticket handling system to improve customer service
- Possibility to document additional information on project level
- Several minor improvements and fixes
Business & Expert
- Faster access to Excel and gbXML imports directly from query pagesExcel
- Import allows choosing to combine material also when thicknesses vary substantially
New add-on – Carbon Designer
- Carbon Designer allows very quick baseline building creation with minimal knowledge about the project and enables optioneering choices and their impacts easily
- Carbon Designer also supports reference buildings (referansebygg) for NS 3720
Infra tools: improvements in data importing & HS2
- Infrastructure tool data import capabilities have been enhanced
- HS2-specific PAS 2080 tool has received several useful updates
CSR tools: tools updated to the GRI Standards
- All GRI environmental tools in the platform are now updated to GRI Standard
- Calculating at once both location-based and market-based Scope 2 emissions has been simplified
- New data, new reports and changes to queries are added
Tools and datasets
- Dutch NMD database was updated to version 2.2.
- Material searchability has been improved in a number of categories, especially finishes
- New data from several databases, including some 50 building technology products added
- Additional generic materials LCA data released, particularly for road construction
- Advance notice of upcoming changes
- ÖKOBAUDAT profiles will be updated to ÖKOBAUDAT 2017-I in the coming weeks. This does not require any user action. All existing data points will be automatically migrated to their up to date version. This database version is the mandatory version for BNB certification.
- Default end of life processes for all materials will be updated to the latest processes and LCA profiles as applicable for the relevant material type.
- Both changes will be applied to any existing results if the results are recalculated. To avoid an accidental recalculation, you can “Lock” your design.
French users: import generated FDES
- Support for importing FDES from national EPD generator. French customers using Business or higher license can upload generated FDES (EPD) to One Click LCA for Energie Carbone.
Minor improvements and fixes
- Material extra info is visible in all sized pages
- Portfolios contain more information about projects below “?” mark
- In the Details and Detailed report you can now see the material details under “?” mark
- Many smaller changes and fixes in LCA Checker, Model Checker and other features
15th August 2018 - PAS 2080 for HS2 tool updates to reflect P006 requirements (UK infra users)
- A4 transport shows now combined transport for both earth masses and construction materials.
- A5 – Construction site operations query has an additional classification question which splits the result into different A5 subcategories (expandable in results page), being A5-1 (Site waste), A5-2 (Temp works & accommodation) and A5-3 (Other).
- B4-B5 is now expandable to sub-categories of replacements including their sourcing, transport and waste handling.
- Accounting for recycled-renewable materials and reused renewable materials is simplified by introducing specific fields for the share of such materials; they are represented directly in the results report. These are always zero by default.
13th August 2018 - NS 3720 update (Norwergian users)
10th August 2018 - BREEAM NL update (Dutch users)
18th June 2018 - NS 3720 and early phase carbon tool (Norwegian users)
- All reference energy scenarios (with reference building Excel and early phase energy scenarios) are applying by default now 60-year Norwegian electricity mix, instead of the previous EU28+Norway electricity mix.
- We have corrected calculation errors in non-residential passivhus energy profiles in Arctic conditions, as well as some other cases
- The “Early phase tool” is renamed “Site selection impacts”, or “Lokaliseringsvalg”
- Early phase energy scenarios have been withdrawn from the NS 3720 tool, and are only available via the “Site selection impacts” tool
- Numerous help texts and links to sources have been added
- Operational transport module will be updated. This update is of such nature that old calculations will be invalidated until recreated
- Project description query is expected to be replaced with the LCA Parameters query, which is used in BREEAM assessments
- Calculation tools will be updated to allow simplified generation of the dual scenarios as required by NS 3720
- Other changes relevant for NS 3720 will be delivered once the standard is approved
9th June 2018 - June 2018 software update (relevant for all users)
- Alternative designs can be mapped to RIBA/AIA stages
- Life-cycle stages contribution visible in carbon clouds
- Breakdown graphs revised
- Implausibility warnings for material thicknesses
- Filter materials based on units
- Service update log and new user guidance
- Carbon Heroes Benchmarks visible on the project’s main page
- Major Revit plugin update
- LCA Checker (beta) helps spot calculation issues
- Additional information in the materials and other popups
- Improvements in BIM Model Checker
- Green materials suggestions improved
- Additional project information in the portfolio
Tools and datasets
- New constructions for High Speed Two
- Shadow price and combined LCA/LCC in MPG/BREEAM NL tools
- Automated LCC tool update for BREEAM UK
- More than 10 000 active materials profiles
- First generic materials released
15th May 2018 - HS2 Carbon baseline profiles available (UK infra users)
14th May 2018- NS 3720 and early phase carbon tool (Norwegian users)
14th May 2018- Life-cycle cost tools update (UK, Europe, North America)
9th May 2018- BREEAM International, NOR, SE and ES update (relevant for BREEAM users)
30th April 2018 - IMPACT-compliant tool update (relevant for BREEAM UK users)
17th April 2018 - April 2018 software update (relevant for all users)
- Two-tier material search helping you to locate the right materials
- Recommendations for materials from nearby areas
- Floating help toolkit in all pages
- Setting project basic parameters to enable LCA data quality check-ups
- New Carbon Heroes Benchmarks added for life cycle embodied carbon
- Data input quality checker tool for design data import
- IESVE integration (version 2017 Feature Pack 4 or higher)
- DesignBuilder integration support (version 5.1. or higher)
- Ability to import reference building (now available for Nordic conditions)
- Annual impacts visualized for each year of the project
- Generate automated, visual Word reports*
- Create your own concrete recipes
- Create a report for multiple LCAs at once and export it to Excel
Tools and datasets
- BREEAM UK 2018 tools – officially verified and accepted by BRE
- BREEAM NL tool (officially verified)
- LEED v4 MRc1 LCA credit now officially accepts EN standards and One Click LCA tools are verified for compliance.
New user guidance pages and datasets
- BREEAM NL guidance page
- NS 3720 guidance page
- New video for searching materials
- How to check and correct your inputs in our new input checker tool
- ca. 1000 new datasets
- Database up to date with the latest versions of all major EPD programs around the world
Improved features and capabilities for all users
- Improved material search capabilities – search materials by type
- When searching for materials with a keyword such as a name or manufacturer, the tool shows all matching material categories and you can now easily narrow down the search to the right category.
- Recommendations for local and regional materials - We now automatically prioritize datasets based on project location from project country and region making it easier to find the best matching material datasets for your building.
- Help page recommendations for every page with our new floating toolkit - Expandable help toolkit helps you to easily find relevant guidance videos and articles for each page.
- Setting project basic parameters to enable LCA data quality check-up - We have added a new feature to set project-level basic parameters for LCA. The parameters questionnaire will collect the most vital project information that will enable us to provide quality feedback on your life cycle assessment results and help you to ensure calculation result quality with our new LCA checker feature (released in June 2018 release). Additionally, basic information results will be used for automated assessment reports. The basic parameters questionnaire will appear automatically when you start a new project as a mandatory step but the answers can be modified later from the “Parameters” button.
- Enhanced charts for comparison and spotting hot spots
- Downloading test datasets
- Easier sign-up process
- We have now replaced trees with the social cost of carbon, which is estimated to be 50 EUR or GBP per ton
29th March 2018 - HS2 tool users (UK infra users)
- BRE Ecopoints v5 characterisation no longer considers RWDHL, but instead uses “Radioactive waste disposed”
- This impact category has been dropped from the IMPACT dataset completely