What are private classifications?
This feature allows you to determine a custom classification for all inputs on your projects. Results can then be displayed per these classifications similarly to tool specific building part classifications. Private classifications can be used to show results for different sections of multi-purpose building types as well as different facilities for GHG reporting purposes or different phases/facilities of the manufacturing chain in product calculations.
How do you use private classifications?
- Having an Expert license
- Having created a company account (how to set up a company account)
- To edit organization private classification list, you need to be the 'Main user' of the organization (multiple users can be set as ‘Main users’).
Step 1: Open your company account and navigate to the 'Data management' tab'
Click on 'Edit' in the row for Private Datasets to access existing private datasets and create new private datasets.
Step 2: Download the excel template
Step 3: Upload the Excel template
Frequently asked questions
How to expand your private classification list?
- Download your classification Excel, add new options to the list, then reupload this.
How can I assign private classifications automatically with my Excel import?
1. Add a column header to your excel called 'ORGANIZATIONSPECIFICCLASSIFICATION'
- Navigate to your company account, click on private classifications and click on the spyglass.
- After you have clicked on the spyglass the classification list will open. Copy the needed 'Answer Ids' and use these as your classification options in Excel.
Current limitations on the feature
Private Classifications are not available for tools that require calculation scheme specific classifications for results submission (E+C-, BREEAM UK Mat 01). The feature is also not yet available for all the building calculation tools but will be added later. If you have questions on if your calculation tool should have the feature enabled, you can always contact our support.