Make sure you have the things listed below before starting:
- Autodesk Revit LT
- Microsoft Excel
- One Click LCA account and license with Business features to be able to import data
How do you set up the Revit LT Integration
Revit LT does not support any plugins and therefore exporting data from Revit LT to One Click LCA needs some extra steps. The only option is to use Excel to get your Revit LT results to our platform.
Step 1. Create a multi-category material takeoff in Revit LT, then export this to Excel
The first step is to create a material takeoff in Revit with the following headings you should include in the schedule from Revit.
- 'Category' + 'Material: Name' + 'Material: Volume' + 'Family' + 'Type
After you have done this, export the material takeoff to Excel.
Step 2. Rename the headings
In order for One Click LCA to read the excel properly, you will need to rename the headings in the following order.
- 'Category' rename to 'CLASS'
- 'Material: Name' rename to 'IFCMATERIAL'
- 'Material: Volume' rename to 'QUANTITY'
- 'Family' rename to 'COMMENT'
- 'Type' rename to 'TYPE'
Step 3. Insert additional column QTY_TYPE
Revit LT does not export the quantity type, however, for One Click LCA it is very important that the quantity type is defined.
- Define a new column 'QTY_TYPE'.
Step 4. Insert the quantity types for each row
- Accepted values are: (metric) KG, M2, M3, UNIT / (imperial) LBS, CU YD, SQ FT, UNIT
Please note that if you are using the area (M2 or SQ FT) you’ll also need to provide additional column called THICKNESS and provide a value in MM (millimetre) / IN (inch) unit.
- After that, you can upload the excel to One Click LCA. If you are unsure how to do that, please check our guide for Excel import here: Import from Excel file