How do I replace or split a material?
1. Replacing one material with another material
This function allows you to change one material into another material. Additionally there is the option to replace all similar resources in the design at the same time.
Click on the Change and Replace button
Select the resource you want to replace, click on 'Change' and select 'Replace' from the dropdown.
Find suitable replacement resource
You can now browse and find an alternative resource which meets your requirements better, you can use the filters settings to simplify your search.
- Note: You are only able to change a resource with a set functional unit into a resource with the same set functional unit. This means you can change a resource with a quantity set to 'M2' into another resource which has 'M2' as an option, however you cannot change a resource with a recorded quantity of 'M2' into 'M3' or 'KG'. Not all resources support all functional units, the available functional units for a resource depend on the data which is recorded in the published EPD.
- Note: Download EPD feature is not available in Planetary).
Ensure that the quantity is correct and click Save.
(Optional) Replace all similar materials in the design at the same time
Note: Due to an UI accident the option to replace all similar materials is currently partially hidden. This means you will have to move the data card a little in order to access the functionality.
If multiple similar materials exist in the design, you will be able to replace all of them at the same time. When you are in the 'Replace' tab, close the data card or move the data card down slightly.
After exposing the 'change similar rows' option, click this option and check the boxes of the materials you want to replace at the same time.
Click 'Save' and view the adjusted materials in the 'Building materials' tab
2. Replacing one material with multiple materials
Click on the Change and Split button
Select the resource you want to Split, click on 'Change' and select 'Split' from the dropdown.
Select a second resource and define the shares so that the sum is 100%
- Use the filter ribbon to simplify your search. Also, you're able to click Download EPD to see the detailed info about the resource.
- You can select more resources by clicking the green '+' button. Make sure that the sum of all your Split resources is 100%.