Grouping of materials is available to Business and Expert license users. To saving groupings as private constructions users require a company account and an Expert license.
What does this feature do?
This feature allows grouping individual resource inputs on the building material query of your design into a construction form data point. This feature enables improved inputs of readability and clearness of the building materials query. Constructions created by this feature can also be saved as a private construction for the company account for later use in other projects.
How do you use this feature?
1. In the building materials query, click on the 'Create a group' button under the building section header where you wish to group materials.
2. Drag and drop the desired material input rows to the designated area where it says 'Drag and drop desired materials' in the grey box.
3. Name your group and set the reference quantity and quantity type for it.
4. OPTIONAL: Modify the default comments if you wish (these will be the date you created the group and the name of the project).
5. OPTIONAL: Add a description for the group if you wish. This is a larger text field and can hold a paragraph of information if desired.
6. Confirm the part of the building the group is associated with (note: this classification will differ depending on the tool you are using).
7. OPTIONAL: Add your company's brand image if creating a private construction.
8. OPTIONAL: Specify which of your private classifications the group falls under (Expert feature).
4. Choose whether you want to group the materials for this project only or save the group as private construction.
5. Click 'Save'.
You can also select the materials for grouping by dragging your mouse over the desired materials and clicking on the right mouse button to open the menu for group creation.
Only material resources can be used for grouping. Construction resources cannot be included in groupings.
Once your group is created, you can now change the material quantities without unbundling the entire group. This can be done by clicking on the quantity and manually editing. Please note, edited material quantities will no longer be linked to the quantity of the construction.
If you choose to create a private construction of the created group, you are still required to publish it for use within your company in the 'Private constructions' within your company account page. More information on Private constructions feature can be found here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.