What is the Solar Decathlon?
The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon® is a collegiate competition that has inspired thousands of students worldwide to enter the clean energy workforce since its inception in 2002. Today, the 10 contests that are the foundation of Solar Decathlon challenge students to design and build high-performance, low-carbon buildings that mitigate climate change and improve our quality of life through greater affordability, resilience, and energy efficiency. The winners are those teams that best blend architectural and engineering excellence with innovation. Read more at: https://www.solardecathlon.gov/
One Click LCA is cooperating with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to offer free access to One Click LCA for Solar Decathlon participants.
What is included to the Solar Decathlon licenses?
- Life-cycle carbon tool specific for the Solar Decathlon challenge
- Building Circularity tool
- Net Zero Carbon tool
- Business & Expert license features
Which challenges are supported?
- Upcoming Solar Decathlon Design & Build Challenges
From 2021 on there will be one license for both the Design and Build challenges. License keys are provided to the NREL team and upon expiry a new key can be provided by our support team.
- Solar Decathlon Design Challenge 2021
- Solar Decathlon Build Challenge 2020
- Solar Decathlon China Challenge
License keys are provided to the participating teams. If the license key has expired you can contact support for a new key.
How do you access One Click LCA and activate your project?
- You will need to register an account on the One Click LCA platform
- You will need to create a 'building' project
- You will need to activate your project
Step 1. Register an account on the One Click LCA platform
Step 2. Create the right type of project
Step 3. Activate your project with your provided key
- After activation, you can access the project for 365 days.