Background calculations, for example, unit conversions, are visible under the carbon clouds. These allow seeing for example how material density is used in the calculation. These are not available for all processes. These are intended to support detailed analysis of calculation steps, for example, to understand how the thickness of the material is converted to a mass or volume.
Note: If you use the material manufacturing localisation setting it will often show the compensated factor and impact as well.
How do you check the detailed calculations?
Viewing detailed calculations in the building materials query.
- Step 1: Enter a material with a quantity and press 'save'.
- Step 2: Click on the Carbon Cloud (green text) and the emission results will open.
Step 2: Click on the Carbon Cloud to open the emission results
- Step 3: Click on 'see calculation' to view detailed calculation mechanics.
Step 3: Click 'See calculation' and you will be shown detailed calculation mechanics
Viewing detailed calculations on the results page.
- Step 1: After entering materials with a quantity, navigate to the 'Results' page.
- Step 2: While on the results page, click on 'details' of the life cycle stage you want to analyze.
- Step 3: Click on 'Show numbers' in order to be able to view detailed calculation mechanics
- Step 4: Click on 'see calculation' to view detailed calculation mechanics.