- We do not offer free licenses to perform Product or Process LCA.
What is included in the free student license?
- Level(s) Life-Cycle Assessment tool (complaint with EN15978) for completing a Whole Life Building Life Cycle Assessment. (Before March 2023 a more basic EN15978 tool was given)
- Building Circularity tool for Circularity assessments
- Carbon Designer 3D for early design optimization
- Business features
- All Import Options, including Autodesk Revit Import
- Expert: Sankey Diagram, Spidergram, Stacked Columns Graphs, and others
- Expert: Green Material Benchmarks + Expert: Advanced Materials Comparison
- Expert: Adjustable End-of-Life Settings
- Expert: Adjustable Localization Settings
The free student license does not include:
- Customer support. The student licenses do not come with customer support or training. You must find the answer to your questions in the customer help centre (available under 'Help').
- BIM tools. We do not provide BIM tools however, Autodesk Revit offers a free student license and Simplebim offers a free trial. Both have One Click LCA integrations which you can use to import your files. You can find how to download and use integrations here: One Click LCA BIM integrations.
How do you apply for a free student license?
- Use your educational email address. We do not provide licenses to personal email addresses.
- State your research topic clearly, if unclear we will not be able to grant your request.
- The free student license is for BUILDING LCA only.
- If you do not receive a reply within 2 days, please contact our support team.
How will you learn about One Click LCA?
You should enroll in the One Click LCA Building Life Cycle Assessment Onboarding course.
- This can be taken for free at the One Click LCA Academy, just follow this link.
- This will require you to register an account on the One Click LCA Academy, which is separate from the One Click LCA platform.
How do you access One Click LCA and activate your project?
- You will need to register an account on the One Click LCA platform
- You will need to create a 'building' project
- You will need to activate your project
Step 1. Register an account on the One Click LCA platform
Step 2. Create the right type of project and activate it using the license key
- Create the correct type of project (Building) and fill in all the required information.
- Click on 'Enter license key' to open the field where you can input your license key.
- Finally, click on next and save your project.
Start using One Click LCA
If you have received the Level(s) LCA tool, follow this guidance document: Level(s)
If you have received the EN-15978 tool, follow this guidance document: Building LCA according to EN 15978
You can find more guidance on the tool here as well: Building LCA according to EN 15978
Students using the free student license don’t have access to email support! All guidance is available in the Customer Support Center. Coursework educational license allows only the main user to use email support and customer kick-off training can be purchased additionally.