What is included in the free student license?
- EN-15978 Building LCA tool for completing a Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment.
- Building Circularity tool for circularity assessments.
- Carbon Designer 3D for early design optimization.
- Business features (including all import options)
- Expert: Sankey Diagram, Spidergram, Stacked Columns Graphs, and others
- Expert: Green Material Benchmarks + Expert: Advanced Materials Comparison
- Expert: Adjustable End-of-Life Settings
- Expert: Adjustable Localization Settings
The free student license does not include:
- Customer support. The student licenses do not come with customer support or training. You must find the answer to your questions in the customer help centre (available under 'Help').
- BIM tools. We do not provide BIM tools however, Autodesk Revit offers a free student license and Simplebim offers a free trial. Both have One Click LCA integrations. You can find how to download and use integrations here: One Click LCA BIM integrations.
How do you apply for a free student license?
- Use your educational email address. We do not provide licenses to personal email addresses.
- Write your email correctly. If it cannot receive an email we will not be able to reach you
- State your research topic clearly, if unclear we will not be able to grant your request
- The free student license is for BUILDING LCA only. We do not provide free licenses for products or process LCA. We can provide an Infrastructure LCA tool on request.
How do you access One Click LCA and activate your project?
- You will need to register an account on the One Click LCA platform
- You will need to create a 'building' project
- You will need to activate your project
Step 1. Register an account on the One Click LCA platform
Step 2. Create the right type of project and activate it using the license key
Start using One Click LCA
You can find more guidance on the tool here as well: Building LCA according to EN 15978
Students using the free student license don’t have access to email support! All guidance is available in the Customer Support Center. Coursework educational license allows only the main user to use email support and customer kick-off training can be purchased additionally.