Make sure you have the following before getting started:
- Solibri Model Checker (SMC) version of at least 9.8. Version 9.10.1 or higher is recommended
- One Click LCA account and license with Business features to be able to import data
How do you set up the Solibri Integration?
Where can I download it?
You can download the One Click LCA Information Takeoff for Solibri from the attachments. It is called 'One Click LCA beta ITO for Solibri (metric units)' and it can be found at the bottom of this page.
How do I install it?
Open the folder and double click the 'One Click LCA (metric) 8Oct2018', this will import the ITO.
Please take note that this is a beta version, and this ITO always exports data in metric units. Imperial units support is not presently available.
How do you use the Solibri Integration?
Step 1: Open an IFC or SMC model, and add the Information Takeoff to your Solibri.'
- Once you have Solibri Model Checker running and the target model opened, choose ‘Information Takeoff’.
- In the 'Please Choose a Role' step, you can choose what you wish. In the ‘Please Select Information Takeoff definitions’, You Want to Use step, choose ‘+ Add Information Takeoff Definitions’. Choose the location of the ITO, or if you recently opened, you can access to it via ‘Recent’ tab in the file dialogue.
- Unselect other ITOs, select the One Click LCA ITO and press ‘Ok’. If you did also leave other ITOs selected, select the One Click LCA ITO before proceeding using the dropdown.
Step 2: Ensure your export units and decimals are correct (mandatory)
- Choose ‘File’, then ‘Settings’, then ‘Units’.
- Set the units as shown in the visual below: for linear distances, millimetres and 1 decimal. For areas and volumes, six decimals and square meters and cubic meters, respectively. Accept by clicking ‘Ok’. The six decimals are useful for capturing often repeating small objects accurately. This has to be reset between each export session if you change it to something else for other needs.
Step 3: Run the ITO with your selected model and export results
- Once you have followed previous steps, and have the One Click LCA ITO is selected, click ‘Takeoff All’. This process may take a few minutes, depending on the complexity of the model.
- Wait until the ‘Stop’ symbol disappears.
- Once the results appear in the ITO table, click ‘Report’ in the ITO toolbar.
- Give a name for the Excel report you generate and click ‘Save Report’, and choose the location for it. This also opens the Excel file automatically.
- Import the resulting data to One Click LCA. Follow the steps for data import for Excel.
Step 4: Follow general import guidance
Click on the link here to find the article on the import process in One Click LCA
The workflow has the following known limitations:
- Any building services are not exported
- The export process depends on the user selecting correct units and decimals, otherwise, quantities will come out wrong. This version does not support exporting data in imperial units.
- Data is not combined at the export process, it is instead combined in the import process in One Click LCA. This may slow down the process with very large models.
- The user has to combine the model quality assurance with the appropriate Solibri Model Checker tools themselves.