Make sure you have the things listed below before starting:
- IES-VE version 2017 Feature Pack 4 or higher installed (or higher version of IES)
- One Click LCA account and license with Business features to be able to import data
How to set up the IES-VE Integration?
Where can I download it?
For IES 2019 and above the One Click LCA integration is already included within IES Virtual Environment (Visible under navigators)
- For IES 2018, download the script from the IES content store. You can download the One Click LCA script for IES VE from the IES website here and unzip it.
- For IES 2017, Import the One Click LCA script for IES-VE (IES Virtual Environment 2017, Feature Pack 4). You can download the One Click LCA script for IES VE from the attachments of this page.
How I do Install it?
- Installation is not needed when working with IES 2019 or higher.
IES-VE Script Installation instructions you can find on the IES website here: VE Script Installation
Energy calculation requires completed simulation results and will not work with calculation-in-progress or corrupted results. To import the script, navigate to Tools > Import Script(s). The project has to be saved in order to upload materials and energy data.
How to use the IES-VE Integration?
Watch our tutorial video of the tool's basic functionalities and test the web interface so that you’ll know how it works before starting the import.
Step 1: Open your project in IES-VE.
Select the Navigators tab and from the drop-down menu select VE Python Scripts.
Step 2: Select 'Upload Materials and Energy'
Once you have VE Python Scripts open look at the One Click LCA integration script part and choose 'Upload Materials and Energy'.
Step 3: Once you have the One Click LCA window open, you can choose which data you wish to use in the LCA calculation.
The calculation automatically takes the material information from the model. Additionally, you can choose if you wish to import some of the energy calculation results files for the LCA or LCC calculation. For this, choose a suitable Vista result file from the select menu, or, if you do not wish to include use phase energy consumption, choose 'No energy results'. It can be also used when behind a firewall. The file will be saved to the project folder/Python Reports/IES_LCA_MATERIALS.xlsx but it also opens the Excel sheet when saved.
Step 4: Press 'Run LCA/LCC'
Once you press the 'Run LCA / LCC' button your data from IES will be automatically sent to the One Click LCA cloud service for the calculation process and the next steps will take place in One Click LCA, where you can choose the calculation tools and settings.
Step 5: Follow general import guidance
Click on the link here to find the article on the import process in One Click LCA