Make sure you have the things listed below before starting:
- Autodesk Revit 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023 version installed (please note that Revit LT does not support any plugins)
- One Click LCA account and license with Business features to be able to import data
- One Click LCA account and license with Expert features to be able to get results back into Revit
IMPORTANT - Updated Revit v4.0.3 plugin available - 09.06.2022
The new plugin introduces multiple new features and improvements. This new plugin version is available for Revit versions 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Please mind that before installing the new plugin, you need to manually uninstall the previous version.
Users are strongly recommended to install the 4.0.3 version.
Updates for version 4.0.3:
- Compatibility with Revit 2023
- A vertical scroll bar has been added to the Models tab
- Length is exported for columns and structural framing
- Elements with DirectShape element type are now always forced to be split down into materials so that their quantities can be identified and exported. This can be relevant for externally created geometric shapes that are imported to Revit
- Improvements in help texts
- 15+ smaller UX & quality improvements
As a reminder, since Q3 2021 users are able to save the mappings they made in the plugin during the import process. This will enable them to get automatically the same mappings the next time they use the plugin (both on the Cloud and in the plugin if they go to Results)
Updates for version 4.0.2:
The new plugin version maintains most of the previous functionalities and additionally, it also includes the following:
- Multiple fixes and improvements in the management of linked models, including maximum flexibility on data handling for data coming from different linked models
- Compatibility with Revit 2022
- Ability to manage data based on their worksets and improved design option selection functionality (customer request)
- “Active view export” and “Selected element export” enable users to export desired material bills much easier (customer request)
- Revit objects that do not contain materials, are now always kept as whole objects independently of the plugin settings. This way the users can ensure they will be never missing any building elements due to such exceptions (customer request)
- Significant improvements in the export of window and door quantities (despite inherent Revit-based limitations)
- Users are now able to map multiple rows at once (customer request)
- Ability to show all Revit elements as an ungrouped list (instead of grouping them by Category) in Materials and Results tabs
- Ability to adjust the exported quantities directly in the plugin
- Direct view of all available alternative quantities (incl. thickness) in the Materials tab, enabling so the users to select the best option from the available ones.
- Multiple improvements in the UX, speed and behavior of the plugin
- Ability to copy mappings from a row to another
- Exported CLASS is automatically translated to One Click LCA sections based on Revit categories, making so the import process easier and more intuitive
- Ability to export Type parameters to the cloud
- Custom comment export (as of now the comment field is automatically overwritten by the Type during the import. However, if users download the exported Excel in the first step of the import process and remove the Type column, then Comment will be imported. This functionality will be improved in the future)
How do you set up the Revit Integration
Where can I download it?
- You can download the plugin from this page either as a zip.file or as an exe file. If you download the zip.file you will need to unzip it first. The plugin is digitally signed by One Click LCA, however, your operating system may ask you to confirm if you wish to proceed with the installation. In such a case, choose Allow / Yes, as applicable.
- For Revit 2016 and 2017 download: One Click LCA Setup Revit 2.1
- For Revit 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023 download: One Click LCA Setup Revit 4.0.3
How do I install it?
The plugin installs seamlessly without options. Download Revit plug-in from the attachments at the bottom of the page. Unzip it and install it.
How to use the Revit Integration
- Step 1: Open your project on Revit
To be able to isolate objects in the Revit model using One Click LCA Add-in, please make sure that you are in 3D view. The view can be selected by navigating to View tab and pressing on “3D view” as seen in the screenshot.
- Step 2: Click “LCA in Cloud” or “LCA in Revit”.
“LCA in Cloud”: Exports quantities directly with default settings.
“LCA in Revit”: Allows editing plugin settings and starting your work inside Revit before exporting, or to work purely inside Revit.
- Step 3: If chosen “LCA in Revit”, start by reviewing settings.
In this tab, you can select Scope, define used and exported Revit parameters, and most importantly decide if you wish to split objects (families) into materials or not. For less detailed model, It is strongly suggested that you select to not split the objects and instead use the whole objects and their area and map them to constructions or EPDs that represent composite products (eg external walls or slabs)
- Step 4: Review and adjust Model and Categories tabs
In the Model tab, you can define the phases and linked models that shall be accounted for in the assessment. The current phase is selected by default, and the selection allows only one phase at a time to avoid duplicate materials exporting. If you use a linked model, please make sure it is defined which model is chosen, select or de-select models if needed.
In the Categories tab, you can further adjust for each individual object whether it shall be included in the assessment or not, if it shall be broken down to materials or kept as composite object and last, what shall be the default units for each building part or object.
- Step 5: Review materials and start mapping them in the Materials tab.
To generate automated mappings inside the plugin (Expert feature), users need to first log-in (at the Login tab) and then navigate to the Results tab.
Mapping can be also done in the web interface, after the export.
The updated material list and most updated choices for mappings in the plugin, can be exported at any time by clicking “LCA in Cloud” button inside the plugin.
Remember that you can use the “Isolate Materials” feature to understand which Revit element is each material row referring to.
Show “LCA profile” feature enables you to see the details of the selected environmental profile (need to be logged in).
Please mind that in online interface some mappings might change depending the tool that you select to import the data to, and the allowed data for that specific tool.
- Step 6: Generate results
See Results and Graphics to analyze your design carbon impacts.
- Step 7: Export your model data
Click 'Run LCA' to export your model to One Click LCA web-interface.
- Step 8: Follow general import guidance
Click on the link here to find the article on the import process in One Click LCA
Revit Video Guidance
Revit Plugin version 2.1
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I uninstall an old version of the Revit plug-in?
The Revit plug-in can be uninstalled from the 'Control Panel' > 'Programs' > 'Programs and Features' > 'Uninstall or change a program' section of your PC settings.
Revit Plugin Version 4.0.3 - Download Links
IMPORTANT: if you have plugin version 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 installed to your computer, please uninstall it before installing the version 4.0.3
Revit Plugin Version 2.1 - Download Links (Revit 2016 & 2017 only)