This guidance supports One Click LCA DGNB International, which is designed to achieve ENV1.1 and ENV 2.1 credits. All available resources are compliant with DGNB requirements for data quality, specific to each scheme. This now includes almost all type III EPD data.
The purpose of ENV 1.1 and ENV 2.1 DGNB criteria is to complete the Life Cycle Assessment of a construction to evaluate the building’s environmental and energy performance, taking into account the embodied and operational impacts and comparing the results with reference building. The building LCA should be conducted as early in the planning phase as possible, so it can serve as an instrument for improving the ecological quality of the building.
Minimum scope of the materials (using simplified method)
- Foundations, floor slab
- Structural parts, columns
- Ceilings, floors (including finishes)
- External walls (including finishes), windows and external doors
- Internal walls (including finishes) and internal doors
- Central heating and cooling generation units
In order to successfully complete your calculations for ENV 1.1 and ENV 2.1 credits in One Click LCA, please follow the workflow below:
Specific data requirements
DGNB does not allow the use of One Click LCA generic data, which means that the availability of data in the DGNB tools can differ from other calculation tools. Please take this into consideration if you are pursuing multiple certifications for the same project.
- Choose the method you wish to use and insert your selection in the ‘Reference values’ question form, to the ‘Methodology’ question.
Simplified or complete: The main difference between the methodologies is different LCA scopes. The complete method requires more detailed information but can provide you with more a precise outcome. The simplified method is easier to complete but requires 10% markup to your results. Pay attention that all necessary materials are included according to the calculation methodology you choose, since cut-off criteria may apply. Follow the respective calculation rules for your method.
Including or excluding building technology from the LCA calculations (does not apply for DK scheme): You can optionally exclude the technology even if the material quantities are available to get your LCA results with less effort. Additional markup 10% will be added to results as specified in the scheme.
- Fill in the Building materials question form of the design either manually or by import.
Mark the class as specified in ECO 1.1 credit Appendix to the comment field.
- Fill in the Energy consumption input form by choosing the local energy data and inputting annual consumption based on your energy calculations for your project.
Energy calculations must be completed according to the DGNB requirements. Follow the LCEM methodology (As described in the ENV 1.1 Appendix).
Save the inputs and proceed with entering information about your reference building to the ‘Reference values’ question form.
- Enter Core reference and Additional reference values based on the building type and the DGNB scheme you follow.
The reference values are used to calculate the environmental impacts of your reference building. Reference building impacts will be calculated using environmental impact factors set by DGNB.
As a minimum include:
- m2NFAa/m3BRI of the reference building
- Annual electricity and heat consumption of your reference building
- If local values for the reference building are not available, use DGNB guidance to model your reference building.
- Fill in the ‘Building area’ question form as specified for your scheme
Enter the area of your actual building NRF (Netto-raumfläche as specified in DIN 277). The software also requires entering the Gross Internal Floor Area (IPMS/RICS), this is for benchmarking purposes.
- Click on Results to see gained DGNB checklist points.
The first 5 columns indicate points for ENV 1.1 criterion, the last 2 columns indicate points for ENV 2.1 criterion.
- Submit all required documentation
Follow the DGNB scheme list of required documentation for your scheme and method.
Download your results to Excel by clicking 'More actions' and 'DGNB Documentation'.
Copy and paste your data sources to excel by clicking on ‘Data sources’ on the results page. A list of data sources you have used for your LCA will appear at the bottom of the page.